Pages

Friday, October 27, 2017

Maths week 2 ~ Equivalent Fractions (magahigh)

This week, my classroom teacher, Mr. Edwards, set a task for me based on Equivalent Fractions.
In this task I learnt to use diagrams to identify Equivalent Fractions, (e.g 7/10 = 10/100) interpret mixed numbers and position them on a number line, (3 1/2) and finally simplify fractions by cancelling common factors. I found this task easy at first but as soon as I creeped towards the end it became a bit more difficult. This task was at my level and challenged me at times. I also recommend Managhigh as a really good website that for children who are struggling in school with maths.
As a matter a fact, in the 6 weeks holidays, (2016/2017) a student at my school moved up three sub levels and when he was questioned about it, he said he said he only used mangahigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment