Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

I Slept Through One the Strongest Storms that hit Auckland The wind was howling and the rain was pouring non-stop, lucky me, I didn’t even realize I slept through one of the strongest storms that has ever hit Auckland since about 1975. Even when I woke up I felt completely ordinary. Until after school when my youngest sister came to my classroom looking a bit down. I asked her why and she said that her zoo trip was cancelled because there was a storm that night that knocked down so many trees at the zoo so they had no other choice but close the zoo. Thats when I realized that I had just slept through a strong storm. None of the trees at my house got knocked over except one that was knocked over by a recent storm. I was so shocked when I heard from basically everyone in my family that they woke up in the middle of the night because of the terrible storm. I was a bit jealous that I missed out seeing the storm but then I was actually thankful that I didn’t miss out on my rest time. I heard that the zoo had to shut down because the wind blew down a humongous tree at the zoo, ruined some of their houses and even killed the animals in the zoo. Now, because the wind was so strong some people thought it was a cyclone. But it does not end there I heard that it did not only affect Auckland but spread just a bit further. This is my recount about the storm that happened not long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment